Thom Rainer discusses the 9 keys for successful sermon preparation:
- Make it a priority
- Determine your comfort level with planning in advance
- Let your congregation know of the priority
- Put it in your calendar
- Allocate 20% more time than you think you will need
- Allocate your time according to your study plan: reading the text, draft, commentaries, etc.
- Determine a completion day: ex: done by Thursday
- Be prepared to change
- Don’t leave out prayer
Listen to the podcast on this page for more info on each of the 9 keys.