Have you ever been sitting in a church service and heard the pastor say something that made you turn to the person next to you and say, “Did he really just say that?”
Craig Groeschel shares some tips on ‘not crossing over the line’ while preaching.
- If you or your spouse is uncomfortable about sharing something too personal—don’t.
- If you might make someone look bad, don’t share it.
- If your challenge is “too fresh,” you might allow some time to pass before sharing it.
- If you’re going to tell a story about someone in the church, get their permission first.
- If you’re telling a story about someone else that would be upset if they find out, don’t tell the story. (Even if you don’t use their names, it’s amazing how small the world is and what people hear.)
You can read more from Craig on this subject here.