More from Craig Groeschel…
The younger audience today has a built in authentic-meter. You can preach with passion, humor, clever points, or heart-wrenching stories. But if the scriptures haven’t touched your life, the listener will know it—and ignore your well-crafted message.
People want to know:
- How has the text affected you?
- How have you failed in the area(s) the Scripture addresses?
- What about the text makes you uncomfortable?
- What do you feel about what scripture is saying? (I know our feelings don’t trump scriptural truth, but talking about how we feel about the text can help engage others to listen at a deeper level.)
- How are you becoming different because of your study in God’s word?