Communication coach Carmine Gallo has deconstructed Jobs’ job for BusinessWeek.com. A good primer for any speaker, with concrete, memorable examples. Read Gallo’s column, watch Jobs’ speech, or consider this cheat sheet:
1) Build up the presentation to something unexpected
2) Stick to one theme per slide, and make them visually attractive
3) Vary the speed and tone at which you speak to electrify the audience
4) Three things are absolutely key: rehearse, rehearse, rehearse
5) If you’re passionate about the idea or the product, show it.
Read more at TEDBlog